Constitution and By-Laws of the Society of Epirotes «Anagenesis,» Auxiliary «Souliotissai,» and «Youth»
BY-LAWS OF THE SOCIETY OF EPIROTES “ANAGENESIS”
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SOCIETY
The Epirotes of New York, assembled for a meeting on March 4, 1934, in the hall of the Hellenic Center, voted to establish a society under the name, Society of Epirotes “Anagenesis,” with headquarters in New York City of the State of New York.
The OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY “Anagenesis” are as follows:
- The unity and mutual cooperation of all Epirotes who reside in the City of New York and its environs.
- The mutual aid and mutual support of the members of the Society.
- The development of the social and intellectual bonds among the members of the Society and, in general, between them and the Greek-American community through the establishment of a Cultural Center.
- The preservation of the Greek language and the Greek Cultural traditions; the projection and propagation of the Greek-Christian ideals within the American society through various cultural expressions.
- The objective and careful analysis of the problems facing the Greeks in the U.S.A. as a minority group and the development of programs aiming at making their adjustment better within the American society.
- The support, through every lawful means, of the struggle for the liberation of the Northern Epirus and of other occupied Greek lands.
BY-LAWS OF THE WOMEN’S AUXILIARY OF “ANAGENESIS” “SOULIOTISSAI”
In order to achieve better communication among the members of the Society, the Society of Epirotes “ANAGENESIS,” pursuant to article 1 of its By-Laws called a meeting of the General Assembly on February 16, 1936, consisting of the wives, mothers and daughters of the members of “Anagenesis.”
During this meeting they decided to organize a women’s auxiliary of the Society of Epirotes “ANAGENESIS” to be located in the same premises, under the title “WOMEN’S AUXILIARY OF ANAGENESIS “AI SOULIOTISSAI.” The objectivesthe title “WOMEN’S AUXILIARY OF ANAGENESIS “AI SOULIOTISSAI.” The objectives of this auxiliary is the promotion of the ideals of Anagenesis.
The objectives of “Souliotissai”:
- To promote the ideals of Anagenesis.
- To develop the spirit of brotherhood and mutual support of the regular members of the women’s auxiliary.
- To preserve the principles of charity and philanthropy.
- To work for the preservation and propagation of the Epirotan ideals, the Greek language and the Greek Orthodox Faith.
BY-LAWS GOVERNING THE YOUTH SECTION OF THE SOCIETY OF EPIROTES “ANAGENESIS”
Pursuant to a resolution of a combined General Assembly of the Members of “ANAGENESIS” and the Women’s Auxiliary “SOULIOTISSAI” which took place on July 10, 1940, it was decided to organize the young men and young women of the organization under a separate Group. The name of this group shall be –YOUTH OF THE SOCIETY OF EPIROTES ANAGENESIS-SOULIOTISSAI –. Main offices of this Group shall be that of the Society.
OBJECTIVES OF THE YOUTH
- To promote the ideals of the Society of Epirotes “ANAGENESIS-SOULIOTISSAI.”
- To bring together all the sons and daughters of the regular members of “Anagenesis-Souliotissai.”
- To study the Greek language and the Greek-Orthodox Faith.
- To cultivate Epirotan ideals and culture and to organize cultural, social and athletic activities.
AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
This Constitution, By-Laws and Regulations having been reviewed and amended from the originals was put to a vote and approved during the special meeting of the Combined Gen. Assembly of May 23, 1980. Went into effect immediately and replaced the By-Laws approved by the meeting of the Combined General Assembly of July 10, 1940 and the meeting of the Gen. Assembly of May 21, 1976.